Saturday 1 November 2008

No Trick, No Treat


PUBLIC APOLOGY

I start my blog in penitent mood. Last night a group of youngsters got the sharp edge of my tongue when they knocked on my door to “trick or treat” me last night. They caught me at a bad time and I told them in no uncertain terms to “clear off”…or words to that effect. The youngsters skulked away without saying a word. Afterwards I thought, you miserable bastard. You used to do that when you were their age. A couple of minutes later I went looking for them to see where they had got to and to give them some chocolate by means of an apology. But it was too late, they had already gone. I felt like the Grinch at Christmas. The kids are probably making effigies of me now to burn on Guy Fawkes night. The next time some youngsters called I gave them a packet of chocolate bars. But I still felt guilty as hell.
Sorry kids…

No comments: